Donations for the kids of Koinonia Orphanage
This year Neil & Ellie Spencer will be returning to Kenya after Easter as part of the Catch the Fire mission team and this time, Katie Lynch will be joining them too! The team will be back working with The Kenyan Children's Project
, a small charity who assist vulnerable and orphaned children in Kenya and the communities they are a part of.
This is a great opportunity to offer some gifts and supplies from Woodford Baptist Church to the children at Koinonia Orphanage where they will be spending part of their time.
Between Sunday 28th February and 27th March, a suitcase will be left at the stage of the church for any donations that you would like to gift.
Here are some things that you could give:
- Bedsheets (cotton, non-fitted)
- Face paints
- Skipping ropes
- Balls (not footballs)
- Kids & youth bibles
- Treats for the full time staff (e.g. chocolate, toiletries, a pretty scarf)
- Crafts (beads/thread for making bracelets are loved)
- School socks (grey socks for the boys; white socks for the girls)
- Kids pants (always needed!)
- Stationary sets for school
Plus, keep your eyes peeled for daily mission blogs from the trip!
You can read last year's series of blogs from Neil here.
| || |